generic way to access C++ libs?

Diez B. Roggisch deetsNOSPAM at web.de
Mon Nov 8 11:52:39 EST 2004

> I guess that MSVC uses the same binary layout for C++ objects as for COM
> objects, so it should be possible.  I don't know if the name mangling
> rules are documented somewhere.

COM has no binary layout of objects - the whole purpose of COM is to _not_
access objects by memory location, but instead by interfaces and thus
functions. Even what you perceive as attributes/properties are set/get
functions. Conveniently, COM objects can be wrapped on the fly be the
python win32 extensions.

> But I have no idea how inline definitions of member functions (I'm not
> sure that's the correct term - I mean code defined in the header files)
> should be converted to Python code.

While inlining is an optimization technique that allows for copying method
code directly into the callee's code, they will still be exposed
explicitely as function as otherwise even linking between C++ libs won't
work.

--
Regards,

Diez B. Roggisch