psycopg, transactions and multiple cursors

Alban Hertroys alban at magproductions.nl
Mon Nov 8 08:02:43 EST 2004

Oh no! It's me and transactions again :)

I'm not really sure whether this is a limitation of psycopg or
postgresql. When I use multiple cursors in a transaction, the records
inserted at the start of the transaction aren't visible to those later
on in that transaction (using a different cursor).

Attached is a simplified example (the except's are a bit blunt, I know)
of what I'm trying to do. In reality, the different cursors are
sometimes run in differeent threads, or they're nested, which is why I
can't use the same cursor for all queries.

Am I doing something silly again or is this a bug (in what?)? Does
anybody here have some ideas about a solution for this problem? What is
your credit card number (No, don't answer that!)? What will I learn this
time?

Regards,

Alban Hertroys,
MAG Productions.