mod_python not working (showing source code)

Anthony Papillion II papillion at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 20:32:21 EST 2004

Hello Everyone,

I have downloaded and installed mod_python and it doesn't seem to be
working. I am hoping someone can give me some pointers as to what I am doing
wrong. Here are the steps I've followed so far:

1. Installed mod_python from the rpm file.
2. Added LoadModule and AddModule directives to the httpd.conf file

Now, I have a file called mod_test.py that contains the following code:

#!/usr/bin/python

print "Test of mod_python"

When I call the file up in the browser, I simply see the python source. What
am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
Anthony