Identifying exceptions that can be raised

Dan bounces at foo.org
Sat Nov 20 15:31:37 EST 2004

Peter Hansen wrote:
 > Nope.  That's that nasty ol' Java thinkin'. ;-)

Never used Java.  Mostly just C.  All in all, I like these exceptions
better than C's error codes, because I mostly just write trivial little
programs that would just print a message and exit if I detected an
error--and exceptions do that automatically with no active checking on
my part.

But the thought occured to me that if I _did_ want to handle exceptions,
I would have no idea what the possibilities even were.

 > All that said, you do sometimes find yourself pondering
 > what exceptions a given function might raise and which
 > you *do* want to handle properly.

Exactly.

/Dan

--