HELP : pystemmer win32 binary

Aaron Bingham bingham at cenix-bioscience.com
Wed Nov 10 03:18:44 EST 2004

kent sin wrote:

>I urgently need a binary version of pystemmer. I am
>using python 2.3 and windows 2000.
>
>I have try to download the free MSVC toolkit. But
>don't known how to do it myself.

AFAIK, the free MS compiler will not help you here, because binaries
created with it are incompatible with MSVC 6.0, with which Python 2.3 is
built.  You can build Python 2.3 extensions using MinGW, however.  See
http://www.mingw.org/MinGWiki/index.php/Python%20extensions.

One note from experience: when you run the dlltool command, give the DLL
name, not the full path to the DLL.  Otherwise, your library will build
OK, but will not load sucessfully.

Aaron