cherrypy/cheetah vs twisted/nevow

Carlos Ribeiro carribeiro at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 12:02:05 EST 2004

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 23:11:14 -0800, Tim Roberts <timr at probo.com> wrote:
> Charlotte <charlotte at donotspam.invalid> wrote:
> >
> >Carlos Ribeiro wrote:
> >>  Hi! That was the same reason that got me hooked on CherryPy: it's
> >>  simplicity, and the fact that it seemed so 'obvious' to use.
> >
> >Yes, I continue to love it. I wonder why it is not much more used.
>
> Do you expose the CherryPy server directly to the public, or do you run a
> proxy through Apache?

All my current work on CherryPy is for Intranet deployment. I'm using
it to deploy webapps, and I found it quite easy to work with. Very
pythonic IMHO :-)

> I also find CherryPy very natural and easy to understand, but I'm concerned
> about deployment issues.  Every site I do has to share the serverspace with
> other web apps.

I was also somewhat concerned about it. I have heard that some sites
are using CP for public web servers (I found CherryPy reading a blog
post where the author commented that the blog engine was based on it);
but I do not have more information to back it.

There is a company specialized in hosting Python applications, and
they do support CherryPy. Take a look at: www.python-hosting.com. I'm
not affiliated with them, but hey, they already host CherryPy
development, so I guess they deserve mention :-)

--
Carlos Ribeiro
Consultoria em Projetos
mail: carribeiro at gmail.com