Help on installing PyQt on MacOSX 10.3 needed

Svenn Are Bjerkem svenn.are at bjerkem.de
Tue Nov 9 12:14:00 EST 2004

On 2004-11-09 10:23:21 +0100, "Phil Thompson"
<phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk> said:

>> Maybe somebody has been successful installing PyQt with the native
>> python in macosx 10.3 and can help me?
>
> Where does it say that you need to re-compile Python? You don't need to
> touch Python - unless you are deploying applications and want to build a
> version of Python with PyQt as builtin modules.

Hi Phil,

you are perfectly right. I went back to the documentation and paid a
bit more attention and with your information in mind, I now see that it
is talking about a selfcontained python with pyqt. I guess that I want
to use the qt bindings *dynamically*. That means that I have to find a
way to tell Python where to find the pyqt that I installed.

In tcl I would either have installed into a directory in auto_path or I
would have extended auto_path. How is this done in Python?

Kind regards,
--
Svenn