Custom memory manager

Carl Bevil carl_bevilNOSPAM at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 17 20:10:36 EST 2004

Hello all.  If I want to use a custom memory manager to, say, track memory
allocations in Python, what's the best way to do this?  I seem to remember
there being a way in version 1.5 (or so -- been a while since I used it).  I
didn't see anything in the documentation, but I may have missed it.

I've got the Python source code (v2.3.3) embedded in my application (which is
in C++), and would like to somehow override Python's default memory
allocators.  Is there an easy or "accepted" way to do this?

Thanks!

Carl

--
Remove "NOSPAM" to reply in e-mail