How come wxPython isn't in the standard library?

andrea valle andrea.valle at unito.it
Mon Nov 8 04:01:22 EST 2004

Just  2cents about the supposed wx supremacy.

I started a project of an interface to draw graphs (vertices+edges) and
I lost a lot of time with wx. I started with wx because many people
seem to be it's better (and I effectively appreciated a lot many of its
features).
Anycase, actually the wx ogl classes are in phase of development and to
draw on the screen is uselessly complicated with Paint. I solved
elegantly my problem with Tkinter's Canvas and with its very powerful
system of tags.
I'm waiting for a wxpython equivalent of Canvas.

Best

-a-

Andrea Valle
Laboratorio multimediale "G. Quazza"