range and wx co - ords

Malcolm Clift mj.clift at virgin.net
Tue Nov 16 11:52:49 EST 2004

Hi Bengt,

> This isn't homework, is it? ;-)

If it was I wouldn't feel so dumb for not knowing half of this stuff.
No, I'm just a late starter with an idea for a program.

Thankyou for your suggestion of taking the OO approach. I think that
you are right and I need to go away and work this out. It was just
that I was trying to find a simple / basic way just to get the thing
up and running before refining it.

The text will eventually come from a generated file, but at the moment
I haven't hooked up the part that does the generating with the
display. At the moment I'm just throwing a little bit of text in just
above the display part of the code.

>Why don't you post what you have working so far?...I will learn
something ;-)

Bengt, I really doubt there is anything I can teach you about python /
wx. It is kind of you to suggest otherwise :  ) At the present time I
have basically cobbled together the dragImage demo. The 'page' is just
an A4 bmp. That code came from looking at how the cards are displayed
in the demo. To this I have just added some static text ( the stuff
you've helped me to word wrap). So I end up with a so called draggable
'page' with text. To add more pages I pin the bmps on to an empty bmp
so that they drag as one whole. As I said in the other post, one page
is ok, but adding more slows things down a lot. As this is just a mess
around with the DragImage demo I presume that the bmps are buffered,
but as I write, I think that I may have to look into this, as perhaps
pinning 'pages' onto a wx.EmptyBitmap affect things somehow. That or
that with just a few extra  pages the bmp becomes massive.

If you or anyone else is interested I will of course post it.

All the best,

Malcolm