Will python ever have signalhandlers in threads?

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Fri Nov 12 18:12:07 EST 2004

On 9 Nov 2004 11:56:32 GMT, Antoon Pardon <apardon at forel.vub.ac.be> wrote:

>I have had a look at the signal module and the example
>and came to the conclusion that the example wont work
>if you try to do this in a thread.
>
>So is there a chance similar code will work in a thread?

Do you have a specific use in mind? E.g., I believe there are things you can
do in the main thread that won't work in others, and other things
can be solved by appropriate communication between threads, etc.,
but without more clues it's hard to discuss it. I didn't look at
the example because I don't want to guess what "similar code" you
really are interested in ;-)

Regards,
Bengt Richter