automated windows install

Jaco Smuts JSmuts at clover.co.za
Fri Nov 26 05:58:12 EST 2004

OK, apparently this is possible using ActiveState's msi installer. So I've
started downloading this.

Any thoughts / other suggestions would still be appreciated.

thanks
jaco

Jaco Smuts <JSmuts at clover.co.za>
Sent by: python-list-bounces+jsmuts=clover.co.za at python.org
11/26/2004 12:44 PM

python-list at python.org
cc

Subject
automated windows install

Hello there.

Is there a way to automate selections for the windows python installer. (
ie. --directory=d:\usr\python234 -compile=yes -archive=no)

Being facetitious. Becuase I mostly develop on windows (work laptop) I
often rebuild my machine. I like to do as much as possible from scripts,
hence the question is there a way to automate selections for the windows
python installer.

I prefer installing the distro from python.org and adding the win32 and
other modules myself. But that's the next step.

thanks a lot

jaco