RadioBox in wxPython

Jorge Godoy godoy at ieee.org
Wed Nov 3 08:27:23 EST 2004

Cliff Wells <clifford.wells at comcast.net> writes:

> Right, but I've been using wx for several years and I can assure you
> that the development branch is where you want to be.  It is no less

I've been using it for 2 years now.  And I assure you the stable branch
is where I want to be. :-)  The development branch causes me trouble
with Windows 98 machines, used by some of our costumers.  I've posted
about it two or three times on the wxPython ML.

> stable and tends to be far better functionality-wise.  The only possible
> instability is in the API and frankly you'll only notice if you move
> from 2.4 to to 2.5.

I agree with you that there are a lot of new functionalities and
facilities that are very interesting.  Unfortunately, they don't work on
each and every system we need to support, so...

>> WRT the hack, the wxwidgets people abandoned the changes there...
>
> But not the wxPython people, which is what we care about here ;)

I hope so.  I found the interface much cleaner, but I thought Robin had
some "I lost time" feeling when he posted saying that wxWidgets people
hadn't done the change as expected.

--
Godoy.     <godoy at ieee.org>