cgi.FieldStorage() is slow

Andrew Clover and-google at doxdesk.com
Wed Nov 24 06:08:22 EST 2004

Nehal Mistry <nehalmistry at gmx.net> wrote:

> nevertheless, it will put a greater load on the CPU, which may be
> an issue for many servers.

It certainly was for the ricketty old SPARC box we were trying to
upload umpteen-MB files to! Probably not so critical for most people
these days though.

> it would not be a good idea to put Andrew's form.py in the
> official python distribution and have 2 different modules for
> processing CGI.

Fully agree. In any case the current interface is not general enough
for std lib use.

> either it would have to somehow merged into CGI
> module, and keeping backward compatibility

If there is interest I could certainly look at providing a cgi-alike
interface to the new version. Personally I was not aiming at the
standard library.

cheers,

--
Andrew Clover