looking for a good introduction to OOP

Jonas Galvez jonasgalvez at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 21:50:18 EST 2004

Darren Dale wrote:
> I would like to learn more about object oriented concepts

This is just about the best introduction to OOP I have ever seen:

http://www.debreuil.com/docs/ch01_Intro.htm

This is a very well written and illustrated tutorial which should get
you started on the whole thing. It is focused on (Flash) ActionScript
(a JavaScript implementation) programming. JavaScript and Python are
very similar languages when it comes to OOP and functional
programming. Although JavaScript is prototype based, it still
resembles a lof of the characterists of Python. You might even be able
to grasp concepts like meta-classes more easily if you are familiar
with the JavaScript prototype mechanism.

As they say, JavaScript is under-rated.

\\ jonas galvez
// jonasgalvez.com