general class functions

syd syd.diamond at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 12:31:51 EST 2004

Thanks for everyone's help on this thread.  Right now, I've got a
general class ("Container") holding items that can be accessed by item
attribute values through __getattr__ functions.

My various classes use Container as a subclass.  Right now, I keep both
classes  in the same file, and everything works great.  However, when I
move Container to a separate file and "from myClasses import Container"
to use this general class, I seem to lose all of the __getattr__
functionality while retaining the other functions in Container.
Does anyone know why this happens and how I can get around this??