Looking for a good interactive shell

craig craig at yuma.ca
Sun Nov 21 10:42:15 EST 2004

I'm a ipython guy, since I just found it a few weeks ago.  I LOVE it!
I have all but replaced zsh with the pysh version of ipython.  Anyways,
just use VIM as your external editor :P

That is the python autocomplete stuff for vim.   Obviously you could
use any editor you like, and right now I'm using textmate, a beautiful
little OSX editor(not free however).

Anyways, ipython, with vim and pydiction gives you mutliline
editing(it's still an external editor)....

You can actually do multiline editing in ipython, with the up and down
arrows.  I do quite a bit right there..

Otherwise I don't know of anything else that exists, I just learned
about pycrust today, but after looking I think I'm too addicted to pysh
to even try it.

P.S. I'm not trying to start an external editor war, most good external
editors will do command completion for python I imagine.

Hope this helps,
Craig