CGI and logging module

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Fri Nov 19 04:38:33 EST 2004

Andrew James wrote:

> Peter,
> Have you considered using mod_python as an alternative to CGI? It offers
> a number of benefits including partial session support, integration into
> Apache's internals and caching bytecode. I can provide you with some
> sample code if you wish (although the online documentation is very good)

As you may have noted, "Peter" is a bit ambiguous in this thread :-)
If you meant to address me, I use CGIs only for personal purposes on the
local machine - basically as a substitute for command line tools with fancy
output. mod_python's CGI handler does not seem to offer any advantage here,
or does it?

Peter