Small Database Needed

Thomas Guettler guettli at thomas-guettler.de
Mon Nov 22 10:22:49 EST 2004

Am Sun, 21 Nov 2004 06:54:40 -0800 schrieb Kevin McBrearty:

> Hello All,
>
> I'm looking at implementing DB in my program for
> analysis of CAD (STL Files).  This database will
> require the basic functionality.

Hi,

I like ZODB. It is an object database for python.
It has the advantage, that you only need to know
one language: python. You don't need SQL.

The drawback: You can search in the database
with a loop over all objects, or you develop
yourself a small catalog which maps values
of attributes to a list (or btree) of objects.

If ZODB is too big for you (tgz is 1 MB), you might
try durus.

HTH,
 Thomas