.pyc files...

Jorgen Grahn jgrahn-nntq at algonet.se
Wed Nov 17 17:25:05 EST 2004

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:02:15 -0600, Mike Meyer <mwm at mired.org> wrote:
> Jorgen Grahn <jgrahn-nntq at algonet.se> writes:
>
>> On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 16:48:51 -0600, Mike Meyer <mwm at mired.org> wrote:
>>> Better with $(: rm -rf $(find . -name '*.pyc').
>>
>> Yeah, but then you're bash-specific.  Or at least that rules sh, csh and
>> tcsh.
>
> As has already been stated on the list, $() is POSIX.

Sorry, missed that.

> So sh has it. [...]

Solaris 8's /bin/sh doesn't.

> If you're scripting in csh or tcsh, you're making a
> fundamental mistake.

I don't.  I'm not even talking about writing scripts, just about deleting
.pyc files from your average Unix shell (although I hope not many people use
/bin/sh as their interactive shell, POSIX or not).

BR,
/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <jgrahn@       Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
\X/                algonet.se>   R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!