OT: Ruby programmers use Python (was Re: ruby on rails ... python on ?)

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Nov 2 08:33:36 EST 2004

Richard Blackwood wrote:
> <SNIP>
>> To the OP: there are several Python "application frameworks"
>> which on the surface appear to be similar in goal to Rails.
>> I don't know much about them, and at the moment even their
>> names aren't coming to me, so I can't help more than that.
>> I think a search for "enterprise application framework Python"
>> would probably turn up at least one of them.
>
> Do you mean Zope?

Yikes!  I *didn't* mean Zope, as it doesn't qualify for the
term 'enterprise application framework' as I used it above,
but I *should* have meant Zope, because upon revisiting the
rubyonrails.org site, I see that it is a *web* framework.

No idea how I missed that key word.  Perhaps the MVC part
grabbed my eyes and filtered the rest of my reading (which
was admittedly brief).  Perhaps I was just on drugs.  Was
that a Saturday?  Yes, it was definitely the drugs.  Today
I'm on *different* drugs, the pretty blue ones, and I'm
feeling much furrier, thank you.  Down, Shadowfax, down!
Oh, the spiders are crawling up my legs!  They're coming
to take me away, away! to the funny farm, where life is