Help on installing PyQt on MacOSX 10.3 needed

svenn.are at bjerkem.de svenn.are at bjerkem.de
Mon Nov 8 17:05:49 EST 2004

Hi,

I wanted to run a program that is written in PyQt on my mac, and went
over to Riverbank to get PyQ 3.13 and SIP 4.1.1 sources.

I followed the installation guide except for the compiling python as
Macosx already has python.

I had no problem with compiling SIP and also no problem with compiling
PyQt nor did I have any error message during make install.

Now the last step in the install documentation says that I have to
edit several files regarding python itself, and then recompile it.
This is where I got stuck. The mac native python cannot find the
package qt with a import qt command on the commandline, and I have no
experience whatsoever with python.

Maybe somebody has been successful installing PyQt with the native
python in macosx 10.3 and can help me?

--
Svenn