teaching OO

Gabriel Zachmann zach at cs.uni-bonn.de
Wed Nov 24 13:38:20 EST 2004

>            Just out of interest, did the students get confused between
>  polymorphism acheived through duck-typing and polymorphism acheived

i haven't gotten so far yet.
and this semester, i won't do everything in parallel.

But I can say that it is very convincing to explain dynamic typing vs.
static typing, and weakly typed vs. stringly typed by contrasting how
things work in python vs how they work in c++.

>  way to perform structured education (my teacher friends remind me of

hm, i'm not an educated teacher, just an assistant professor --
could you please explain to me what "structured education" means? ;-)

Cheers,
Gab.

--
| There are works which wait,                                             |