How to communicate to device

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Wed Nov 10 16:46:23 EST 2004

kamarudin samsudin wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Im new to linux and very very new to python. But i have to write a
>program to communicate with a devide. The device will send a data
>after i send something to it.

This depends on the device and how it's intended to communicate with the
computer.  Is it a serial port link, an ethernet connection, or some
other connection mechanism?  Is there a device driver for it in /dev?
What sort of communication protocol does it use?

Without knowing some of these specifics, we will have a hard time
helping you, and the more specific you are, the better the help that
you're likely to get.  (Obviously, as a newbie, you may not know *how*
to answer some specifics, but give us what you *do* know and we'll try
to help you find any more details that are needed.)  You may also
benefit by reading ESR's essay "How To Ask Smart Questions" (
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html ).

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International