Eric3 and mod_python debugging (reply from Detlev)

Arso - Italy arso_AT_libero_DOT_it at non.ce
Tue Nov 9 17:25:34 EST 2004

Detlev Offenbach wrote:

 > Am Dienstag, 9. November 2004 00:13 schrieben Sie:
 >

 >> Arso - Gentoo wrote:

 >>> Thanks
 >>> when I have activate in apache configuration for a specific virtual
host
 >>> PythonDebug on
 >>> PythonEnablePdb on
 >>>
 >>> I get the below error.
 >>> Are there other activity or setting to do for using eric debugger ?
 >>> Other lot of thanks.
 >>>
 >>> Mod_python error: "PythonAccessHandler draco.dracohandler"
 >>>
 >>> Traceback (most recent call last):
 >>>
 >>> File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line
 >>> 298, in HandlerDispatch
 >>>   result = pdb.runcall(object, req)
 >>>
 >>> File
 >>> "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/eric3/Debugger/eric3dbgstub.py",
 >>> line 60, in runcall
 >>>   return debugger.run_call(__scriptname, func, *args)
 >>>
 >>> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'run_call'
 >>>

 >> Hi
 >> I have try also with your example, modpython_dbg custumizing the path
 >> with the absolute value in the
 >> initDebugger method.
 >> The hello message apper but the debugger is not fired even there are
 >> some breakpoints active for the modpython_dbg itself.
 >> What is wrong ?
 >>
 >> For execution with draco i have inserted the call to
 >> apache.initDebugger(mpreq.filename) in the  handler method of
 >> dracohandler but I get the above error.
 >> What is wrong ?
 >>
 >> If there are some document that describe the step for use the debug
 >> write to me where are there.
 >>
 >> Thanks.
 >>

 > There is a little document in erics Documentation directory
(mod_python.html). This gives instruction on how I got it working.

 > Detlev

Excuse me. My mistake, I have activate *PythonEnablePdb on* only for the
virtual domain managed with draco and not for that used for
modpython_dbg. Now modpython_dbg.py is running with debug.
The features of eric are VERY interesting. Either for the debugging
features either for the editor, syntax highlight autocompletion  ecc.

For information:
The python options *PythonDebug on* and *PythonEnablePdb on* are set
directly into apache.conf in the directive "Directory" for  the
virtual-domain managed by mod_python.
Sometimes after the end of  the execution and after the popup form
informing of the exit status of the script, eric terminate.
It is normal ? In the debug option "Automatic reset after client exit"
isn't activated.

This message will be post in comp.lang.python too.

Regards and a lot of thanks.