should i start looking for a new list?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Nov 9 13:56:05 EST 2004

"Jelle Feringa // EZCT / Paris" <jelle.feringa at ezct.net> wrote in message
news:20041109101248.F1B661C001B2 at mwinf0101.wanadoo.fr...
I've been posting some of my most burning (newbie) questions to this list,
and most of them have been unanswered.
Should I be posting these questions at a different list, since their
technical level is quite low? Am I looking for answers in the right place?
------------------
Some suggestions:
1) there is a tutor list available via www.python.org.
2) make sure your subject lines are as informative or intriguing as this
one.  I tend to skip over subject line that start with 'Newbie ...'.
3) post plain ascii text without markup rather than rtf/html
4) use spaces rather than tabs when you post code
    Here is what the code quoted by Stroud looks like in Outlook Express.

> i = 0
> for x in hour:
> skyName = skiesok[i]
> print skyName
> number = str(skyName[3:-4])
> oconv, oo, oe = win32pipe.popen3('oconv -i no_sky.oct'\
> +' sky'+number+'.sky'+' > '+'tmpOct'+number+'.oct')

If you did not give continuation lines an extra indentation in your
original (not required by the syntax rules, but often helpful for reading),
consider doing so.

Terry J. Reedy