Iterating over PDF documents

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Nov 11 22:26:13 EST 2004

Peter Maas wrote:
> I'm trying to edit a PDF document line-wise. This is more difficult
> than I thought, because PDF uses a mixture of all line terminators

It should also be pretty difficult because PDFs are binary, not
text...

(They might contain a whole lot of stuff that looks like text, but
there are binary sections mixed into many of them, and I believe
the header at least is binary.  The sample files I'm looking at
definitely are, in any case.  Your solution could not be general.)

-Peter