slicing, mapping types, ellipsis etc.

Jerry Sievers jerry at jerrysievers.com
Mon Nov 29 16:45:52 EST 2004

"Caleb Hattingh" <caleb1 at telkomsa.net> writes:

> I'm going to assume the following is self-explanatory - type the commands
> in yourself.

[snip]

Yes, it certainly is self-explanatory.  And, I appreciate your
response.

However, my question pertains to advanced use of the slicing features
which I have found to be not totally explained in the docs.

The use of [start:stop:step] on sequence types is NOT unclear to me at
all.

I'd like to know;

1. what the Ellipsis object or ... syntax is used for
2. what a slice [..., j:k:l] does
3. how slices are applied to object of mapping types

Thank you

Jerry Sievers   305 854-3001 (home)     WWW ECommerce Consultant
                305 321-1144 (mobile	http://www.JerrySievers.com/