threading, qt, and the freakout

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Tue Nov 30 10:23:56 EST 2004

What versions of Python, PyQt, SIP, Qt?

Qt imposes restrictions on which parts of the API can be called in
different threads - check the Qt documentation.

Python has bugs in its thread implementation. These (the ones that affect
PyQt anyway) are fixed in Python 2.4.

Also see the "Support for Threads" section in the PyQt documentation.

Phil