Linksys Router & Python

Frithiof Andreas Jensen frithiof.jensen at die_spammer_die.ericsson.com
Mon Nov 1 05:00:28 EST 2004

"Brad Tilley" <bradtilley at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:cltjkt$4fi$1 at solaris.cc.vt.edu...

> Is there any way to get a scaled down version of Python onto a Linksys
> Wireless router? Are there any projects out there that are doing this?

Probably - There are some Linux + development tools for the LinkSys WRT54G
router.
http://www.i-hacked.com/Computer_Components/Networking/Linksys_WRT54G_and_WRT54GS_Hacking.html

Maybe the devices are somewhat identical:
http://www.batbox.org/nslu2-linux.html

> I've googled around a bit, but didn't find much. I want to keep the
> router's software as it is, but I also would like to have some scripting
> abilities on it as well (like email the router's IP addy every x hours),

Those requirements are mutually exclusive.