seeking a new host for the "Python Grimoire"

Carlos Ribeiro carribeiro at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 17:28:10 EST 2004

On 17 Nov 2004 07:51:43 -0800, Stephen Ferg <steve at ferg.org> wrote:
> STATUS UPDATE
>
> Talking to Richie Hindle has given me the idea of setting up the
> Grimoire as a wiki on Python.org.
>
> I'm not a real sophisticated wiki user, but I can probably do it.
>
> I really like the idea of the Grimoire becoming community-maintained
> documentation, something that I've advocated for a long time, and
> something that I think we need more of.
>
> If the wiki idea doesn't work out, there are a couple of folks who
> have volunteered to host the Grimoire in the future.

A WIki is definitely the way to go. However, hosting it inside the
main Python Wiki is problematic. Wikis aren't usually very bright when
it comes to naming scopes :-) so it's probably better to have it
implemented as a standalone Wiki. Anyway, having it on the Python Wiki
is better than not having it at all.

--
Carlos Ribeiro
Consultoria em Projetos