why python is slower than java?

Fábio Mendes niels_bohr at uol.com.br
Sun Nov 7 15:42:14 EST 2004

what about:
>>> fat = lambda n: reduce(lambda x,y: x*y, range(1,n))
>>> int = lambda f,a,b,dx: sum([f(x) for x in arange(a,b,dx)])*dx/(b-a)

Thoss (poorly) implements the factorial and integration function in just
one line. So what does my pet examples show us? Nothing! The same goes
for yours. So your poor affirmation about java compactness is the mere
statement that the only kind of code you can produce is autoexec.bat
sorting and the kinds. Every language has it's pros and cons, and having
a compact expressive syntax is NOT one place where Java outshines
python, ask any serious person.