Identifying exceptions that can be raised

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Tue Nov 23 08:36:07 EST 2004

In article <41A339A8.90908 at holdenweb.com>,
 Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:

> I think some people just deal with uncertainty better than others. Java
> is indeed a slog, and being forced to write exception handlers for
> errors I never expect to occur and was quite happy to see my program
> fail under was one of the least attractive things about it.

Java doesn't actually force you to handle the errors.  You can always
just declare your method to throw those exceptions you don't handle.
That's a pain in the butt too, it's just a slightly smaller pain than
catching them.  I agree with you that exception handling is Java is one
of the (many) low points of the language.