Identifying bundles in MacOS X

Michael J. Fromberger Michael.J.Fromberger at Clothing.Dartmouth.EDU
Tue Nov 16 08:10:15 EST 2004

In article <2vtsp6F2nlt2cU1 at uni-berlin.de>,
 Brion Vibber <brion at pobox.com> wrote:

> Michael J. Fromberger wrote:
> > Actually, Apple's developer documentation seems to imply that there
> > is a "bundle bit" in the Finder info (or possibly the extended
> > Finder info) for directories, and that if this bit is set, the
> > Finder will treat the folder as a bundle.
>
> It's worse than that... the bundle bit _might_ or _might not_ matter,
> since it's not always present, and some extensions are known or not
> or... ugh.

The plot thickens!

> I'm not sure if there's a standard Python module to expose Launch
> Services, but here's a C snippet; use it as you like:
> [...]

Thank you very much for your advice, and for the sample code -- I will
play around with this snippet, and see I can get what I need.  It looks
promising!  If it works out, it will not be so difficult to add it as an
extension module.

Cheers,
-M

--
Michael J. Fromberger             | Lecturer, Dept. of Computer Science
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~sting/  | Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH, USA