Pictograms and Python

Diez B. Roggisch deetsNOSPAM at web.de
Tue Nov 16 07:26:55 EST 2004

Lad wrote:

> Hi,
> did anyone try to convert a Pictogram ( = a picture with text) to text?
> Lad

>From this and your last post I assume that you want to perform some
registration stuff that is protected against scripts like yours using
images with distorted characters that a human beeing can decipher and
enter, but that are hard to identify using OCR techniques. They're called a
CAPTCHA.

As these protections are there for a good reason and I personally loathe
spam, I hope you neither succeed nor get help from this community.

In the (I believe unlikely) case of your plans to automate access to that
site are of good intentions, I'm sure you can make a deal with the people
running that service so that you can access it through some RPC mechanism.

--
Regards,

Diez B. Roggisch