XUL Parser?

Alex Stapleton alexs at advfn.com
Thu Nov 25 04:35:24 EST 2004

A.M. Kuchling wrote:
 > I'm not aware of any.  Considering that there's no real XUL
 > specification,
 > implementing a XUL renderer would be difficult.  Note that Luxor
 > implements its own format, also called XUL, that has nothing to do
 > with the XUL
 > implemented by Mozilla.
 >
 > --amk

I'm not sure a spec is really required as long as it remains mostly
compatible with Mozilla, and primarily the XUL Tutorial examples. We can
always help work towards a standard spec, which XUL 1.0 is supposed to
be, but thats current non-existent.

Andrew James wrote:
> Alex,
> This is a very cool idea. I've been working with XUL for a little while
> now and I'd like to be able to work with it in Python.... all steam
> ahead!
>
> Andrew

Andrew, is that an offer of help? Either in consultancy or in programming :)

I have a lot of ideas for what i've started calling PyXUL I think it
could make Pythons already fairly awesome GUI making facilities even
more so. I've created a SourceForge project (called PyXUL) and will try
and get an initial design up this weekend in one format or another.