ANN Python IRCD

Carlos Ribeiro carribeiro at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 21:01:22 EST 2004

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 23:32:47 GMT, Joseph T. Bore <jbore at tjtech.com> wrote:

> I would like to let everyone know about, and release onto the world,
> my python IRCD.
>
> The goals of it were to be small and light, not a full IRC protocol
> implementation.  To that end, it's under 500 lines of code and just
> one file.
>
> It's stable, and seems ready for others to use, I'll probably spend
> the next few releases working on more comments and adding a few more
> basic functions.
>
> I Hope others find it useful..
>
>      http://pyircd.sf.net

I was thinking about making a IRC-to-Web gateway... something like a
web-based IRC client, using some Javascript & RPC tricks to make it
work in real time, without page reloads. But this is not really a
priority, and I am already way too busy, so I don't think that I'll be
able to do it anytime soon. But having something related already
written in Python is nice.

--
Carlos Ribeiro
Consultoria em Projetos