Python needs a CPyAN

Istvan Albert ialbert at mailblocks.com
Tue Nov 2 15:19:12 EST 2004

Peter Hickman wrote:

> The real trick is going to be getting the existing module authors to

The real trick is that the need for CPyAN is not an acute one.
A whole lot of tasks can be done just with the standard library.
This makes CPAN like functionality useful but not essential.
I can't think of a single instance where I would have had to
hunt down package dependencies whereas when I was using perl
that was a very significant problem where automated
installations really saved a lot of time.

Programming environments evolve like real biological systems.
They develop useful features in response to much needed
functionality and not vice versa.

Istvan.