bsddb built for concurrent access (rh9)

Sergey Schetinin maluke at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 08:37:07 EST 2004

Hello people, I've spent many hours trying to fix it by myself, but w/
no success. I have a program, that uses bsddb. It needs to access the
DB from multiple processes, so it uses it in a concurrent mode. That
works fine on windows. Yet, when I've tried it on my server running
RedHat9 it gives me this:

BaseIndex.env.open(path, envflags | db.DB_CREATE)
bsddb._db.DBInvalidArgError: (22, 'Invalid argument -- Berkeley DB
library configured to support only DB_PRIVATE environments')

I figured it's because of bsddb/db4 is built w/o concurrent access
capabilities to avoid some bugs, cause many old systems don't have
working crossprocess mutexes. So basically I need a different build - i
haven't found one, also I've tried to make one myself, but compilation
chokes right away. Giving a ton of syntax errors (this happens w/
python src distrib as well as w/ pybsddb).

Please, tell me what am I missing or better yet give me a lead as to
where to find a properly built bsddb.

Thank you!