How to pass a parameter

Norbert Norbert.Klamann at klamann-software.de
Tue Nov 16 04:10:33 EST 2004

Lad wrote:
> I have a sript that downloads a webpage. According to the picture  on

> this webpage I need to pass a parameter to this , running script a
few
> lines later.
> How can I do that?
> Thanks for help
> Lad

Depends on the environment you use and the script itself. Assuming
windows it could go like this:

[path_to_python]\python yourscript.py param1 param2

maybe the script takes named parameters, then it looks like this :

[path_to_python]\python yourscript.py param1=value1 param2=value2

the path_to_python is not required if python is on your path.

'python' is not required in the statemenst if your system is configured
to execute .py files with python anyway.

Hope that helps, if it doesn't you should supply details about your
system.

Norbert