orange + bus error - is there a 'usual' reason?

Christoph Pingel ch.pingel at web.de
Fri Nov 19 05:25:29 EST 2004

Trying to import the 'orange' datamining module, I get a bus error
and python crashes (Python 2.3 on Mac OS X). Tried it with an older
lib that runs on another mac, with orange inside orange.app, and with
a lib I compiled from source myself.
I'm wondering if there is anything wrong with my Python installation,
for the orange.app (which is mainly a qt-wrapper for the python
scripts and orange lib) runs without problems whatsoever.
Is there any 'general' reason for bus errors so that I could begin to
track down the problem? Any ideas for mac-specific compiler settings
that I could play with?

Any input is highly appreciated.

best regards,
Christoph