Zope 3.0, and why I won't use it

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 14:54:23 EST 2004

[Max M]
> Shure. I wasn't bitching. I just tried the Window installer yesterday
> evening, so I haven't really had time to comment. But I crosspost this
> to z3dev (via gmane), and vill continue the discussion there.
>
> I tried to follow the instructions in the Zope3Book at:

Ya, I sure agree it's not obvious what to do on Windows!  There have
been detailed Windows instructions since X3 alpha 1, but subsequent
release pages didn't point to them.  I see Jim updated the 3.0.0-final
release page to include them now:

<http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/ZopeX3300>

Start from that next time, and it should go much easier.