Help for newbie

Diez B. Roggisch deetsNOSPAM at web.de
Tue Nov 23 07:35:01 EST 2004

Jean-Louis Nespoulous wrote:

> Thank you very much, but I will use ZODB as a server, and from a
> distance client I'll get and save objetcts with XML-RPC. Do you think
> it will be ok?

You can't get objects using xmlrpc. At least not over language-boundaries.
Of cours you can access your python server using xmlrpc, and if thats
sufficient, ok. But you can not pass a java object and expect it to be
stored in zodb.

And I personally wouldn't go for xmlrpc, but corba for java/python
interoperability, but thats of course a matter of taste.
--
Regards,

Diez B. Roggisch