[ANN] rpncalc-1.0 RPN Calculator For Python

Raymond L. Buvel levub137 at wi.rr.com
Sun Nov 28 12:21:55 EST 2004

Kent Johnson wrote:
> Ray Buvel wrote:
>
>> Module that adds an interactive Reverse Polish Notation (RPN)
>> interpreter to Python.  This interpreter allows the use of Python as
>> an RPN calculator.  You can easily switch between the RPN interpreter
>> and the standard Python interpreter.
>>
>> Home page:  http://calcrpnpy.sourceforge.net/
>

> The .tar.gz file seems to be corrupt, opening it with WinZip it
> uncompresses the .gz then I get "Error reading header after processing 0
> entries."
>
> Kent

This is a problem I have encountered with WinZip before.  The compressed
tar file was created with Python's tarfile module with the 'w:gz' mode.
  The resulting file works fine with a number of archive packages under
Linux and with the tar command in the MKS toolkit under Windows.

If I get around to it, I may make a .zip file available for Windows.
Until then, I suggest you use Python's tarfile module or something other
than WinZip to read it on a Windows platform.

Sorry for the inconvenience but I develop on Linux :-)