Subclassing complex with computed arguments

Dan Perl danperl at rogers.com
Fri Nov 26 00:33:06 EST 2004

I need a clarification.  Does "sample" have to be an instance of complex or
can it be a subclass of complex?  So can it be an instance of point as long
as point is a subclass of complex?

If "sample" has to be an instance of complex and not of a subclass, I think
you need to subclass point from complex and override the __new__() method to
return an instance of complex and override __init__() to use all your
arglist.  In that case you also need yet another method to actually create
instances of point.

If "sample" can be an instance of a subclass of complex, I think you can
just subclass point from complex and override only __init__().

There is more in the details I guess, but I would like to first see an
answer to the above questions.

Dan

news:a86143fb.0411251430.50665acf at posting.google.com...