Newsgroup mood [was] why python is slower than java?

Maurice LING mauriceling at acm.org
Sun Nov 7 01:04:01 EST 2004

  > 3) Links to threads that answer common questions
> Yes, there is an FAQ and yet people still ask why Python gets division
> wrong. But I've often seen people dig up links to threads for questions
> perhaps not so common to be written up in an FAQ, but perhaps common
> enough to merit linking on a wiki page. I'm not under the illusion that
> it would solve the problem on its own, but it might well head some
> repeat questions off. For those it doesn't, it would give an easy way to
> answer.

This may be useful but it will certainly bring us a new set of questions
then, in the form of "is this <whatever information> still holds for
<some latest version of python>?" Although computer science stems from
mathematics, it had lost an important aspect of mathematics, that is,
"once proven true is forever true."

maurice