Question about thread

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Nov 19 16:14:16 EST 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-20 at 04:56, Jarek Zgoda wrote:

> Are you sure? I keep observing that child threads continue its execution
> until completion even if I do nothing in main thread. Consider this example:

Well, I'm very far from an expert, but I've also experienced the
poster's reported behaviour even with quite simple programs. I'm
surprised to hear that the initially described behaviour isn't always
the case, and would be interested in knowing more about when it is, and
is not, generally encountered.

--
Craig Ringer