stopping the sound server in PySol code -- how?

Lynn lynn at crazedimaginations.net
Sat Nov 20 19:02:42 EST 2004

Lynn wrote:

> I have a SuSe 9.1 linux box (although this isn't a new issue) with
> reasonably up to date everything.  When I run PySol, it grabs the sound
> system in a rude and complete way.
>
> I don't listen to sound and I NEED my sound system available even if PySol
> is running.
>
> Does anyone have a simple way of ripping the sound functionality our of
> PySol?  I've not enough of a python programmer to deal with this.
> Everything I've tried has just generated a ton of errors.

Solved.  Not elegant, but solved.

I found several places in the scripts where tests for the presense of
pysolsoundserver were being made.  And a couple more places where the
option for sound was being tested.  The test returns what ever it returns,
but I just force the answer to always be "failed" and "nosound."

I think there were five places to change an assignment statement.

Thanks to everyone for your responses.  It helped.  I learned more about
python than I intended.  And that can't be bad. :)

--
Peace, Love and Absolute Pleasure
Crazed Imaginations RHPS cast