Help on creating a HTML by python

M.E.Farmer mefjr75 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 29 05:28:47 EST 2004

evil_pizz at hotmail.com (sepgy) wrote in message
> Can anyone help me to use a python to create an HTML photo gallery
> generator. When it's finished, it will be able find all the picture
> files (i.e. .jpg, .gif. .png files) in any given folder on the
> computer, automatically create smaller thumbnails for each image, and
> then generate a complete HTML file that displays a clickable image
> gallery. When viewed in a web browser, the HTML file will display the
> thumbnails in a neatly formatted table, and if you click on one of the
> thumbnails the full-size image will appear.

Hello,
    You want to look at this:
         http://www.uselesspython.com/thumbnail.py
    I also did this very thing when i first started learning Python.
    Found it quite educational and learned much in the process.
    Here was my try at 'improving it':
         http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/e/mefjr75/python/Thumbz.py
    You can see my dumb newbie code , of course that was two years ago ;)
    There are others out there too try thumbnail.py in a Google search sometime ;)
> Thanks
your welcome ...
HTH,
   M.E.Farmer