Script Generation, help!

John Doe atterdan at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 5 04:43:40 EST 2004

Some times I think my question are cryptic.

text name = a number. Try a dictionary

myDict = {} # empty defination
myDict[Spam1] = 123939392
myDict[Spam2] = 439322
myDict[Spam3] = 23233.232

Now as to storage with an extension. Thats not so tricky, it's just
that your requirement is so vague.

To save the data myDict ...
	import pickle
	fp = open('myfile.myspecialext', 'w')
	pickle.dump( myDict, fp )
	fp.close()

To reload the data ...
	import pickle
	fp = open( 'myfile.myspecialext', 'r')
	myDict = pickle.load( fp )

Now if you have some special format the data is stored in, you may want to
visit Parser. I've not had a chance to use it, but the description is
pretty neat.

Hope this is something like what you want.